As children, we run around outside, make daisy chains, go for bike rides, play games and find wonders in picking up mud and finding insects (well, at least thats what I did when I was a kid, not sure about kids these days)
The point is, we use to run around without a care in the world, we had no concept of negativity and everything was beautiful and fun.
Now we are adults – faced with adulty things like paying bills, paying $1.80 for 1 litre of petrol, confused about what we are doing and on top of that we have negativity surrounding us most of the time – from judgy people, to self talk, to pessimists.
You don’t need to search far to find negativity now – just turn on the tv, and it’s right in front of you. Part of my purpose is to contribute positively whether it be to my relationships, my family, my work, or to the world.
Do I contribute positively in every aspect, every day? Probably not, but I aim for my best.
“You can’t do that”
“We have tried it already”
“It’s nice how optimistic you are”
“I will do it later”
“What if it doesn’t work”
“OH MY GOODNESS I’M SO STUPID SOMETIMES”
HOW ABOUT WE REPLACE THOSE PHRASES WITH THESE
“Don’t feed into that drama”
“If you don’t like something, change it”
“If you failed the first time, try harder the second”
“You will see results if you work for it”
“Everything can be improved”
MY TIPS ON CREATING POSITIVITY IN YOUR LIFE
- Surround yourself with positive people: Who in your life inspires you? Who uplifts you? Who challenges you? Spend time with them..
- Infuse yourself with positivity: Putting low performance fuel in your car will not help it go fast or run well..Read inspiring books, perform acts of kindness, post fun and inspiring quotes around your house
- Look for the positive: I’m gonna use a weird example here so just go with me…. You and your friend or boyfriend or girlfriend decide to go hiking, you can let it drain your life by knowing that it’s gonna take hours to get to the top, and it’s hot and your legs are gonna kill you or you can get excited because you’re getting a workout in, plus it’s a beautiful day, and the view at the top is gonna be AMAZING!! You decide how you wanna look at it..
- LAUGH & BE SILLY: People forget to laugh! People are so serious now, it’s quite saddening. When you go to the grocery store and you hear that oh so CORNY music, embarrass yourself and dance! when are you gonna see those people again? Probably NEVER! Laughing is the worlds best medicine!
- Disconnect: Put down your phone, close your laptop, go outside, look at the sky, feel the breeze – and no i’m not trying to be all spiritual right now. I genuinely mean it, recharge your batteries
Foster positivity in your life! but don’t expect every day to be amazing – you WILL have your down days and your bad days, and if you do happen to have one of those…
let it be! it’s normal